North Gyeongsang News - Latest Updates & Headlines
On-site probe begins into point of ignition for South Korea's Uiseong wildfires
Seoul, March 31: South Korean police, firefighters and relevant authorities on Monday conducted their first joint on-site investigation at the original point of ignition for the nation's worst wildfires in history that charred vast areas of woodland in the southeastern province of North Gyeongsang last week.
South Korea: Police book man suspected of starting worst-ever wildfires
Seoul, March 30: South Korea's Police authorities said on Sunday that they have booked a man suspected of starting massive wildfires that ravaged the southeastern part of the country.
Wildfires in South Korea reignited in southeast areas overnight; death toll rises to 30
Andong, March 29: Wildfires in South Korea reignited in the southeastern part of the country overnight, fire authorities said on Saturday, adding firefighting helicopters were dispatched to extinguish them.
South Korean Police to summon suspect in worst-ever wildfires for questioning
Seoul, March 28: South Korean Police will summon a man suspected of causing massive wildfires in South Korea's southeastern region, officials said Friday.
US offers condolences to South Korea over wildfires, pledges all support needed
Seoul, March 28: The United States expressed condolences to South Korea on Friday for the loss of life and the destruction caused by devastating wildfires in the southern region, pledging to provide all support needed.
South Korean govt makes additional designations of special disaster zones following wildfires
Seoul, March 27: South Korea's Acting President Han Duck-soo on Thursday designated four more jurisdictions in the southeastern region as special disaster zones following massive damage from ongoing wildfires, the Interior Ministry said.