Had she been actually worried, Punjab women wouldn't have been waiting: BJP hits back at Atishi

ANI February 21, 2025 182 views

The BJP has strongly responded to AAP MLA Atishi's criticism about not fulfilling a promised financial assistance scheme for Delhi women. BJP National General Secretary Dushyant Gautam countered Atishi's allegations, asserting that under CM Rekha Gupta's leadership, the promised funds will soon reach women's bank accounts. Gautam also hinted at an upcoming CAG report that might expose past financial mismanagement. The ongoing political exchange highlights the continued tension between AAP and BJP in Delhi's political landscape.

"Had she been actually worried, then the women in Punjab would not have been waiting for the last 3 years" - Dushyant Gautam, BJP Leader
New Delhi, February 21: BJP National General Secretary Dushyant Gautam on Friday responded to AAP MLA Atishi's remarks and said that under the leadership of Chief Minister Rekha Gupta, the amount promised by the party will soon reach the bank accounts of women.

Key Points

1

BJP challenges AAP's criticism of women's financial assistance promise

2

Dushyant Gautam defends Rekha Gupta's leadership

3

CAG report expected to expose financial irregularities

4

Delhi government pledges Ayushman Bharat scheme implementation

Speaking to ANI, Gautam highlighted that if Atishi had been actually worried, then the women in Punjab would not have been waiting for the last three years.

"Atishi is not worried about whether the money is deposited in the accounts of women or not. Had she been actually worried, then the women in Punjab would not have been waiting for the last 3 years... Under the leadership of Delhi CM Rekha Gupta, the amount will soon reach the women's bank accounts," he said.

The BJP leader also mentioned that the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report will be tabled and all those who looted the nation will not be spared.

The CAG report will be tabled, and PM Modi has said that anyone who has looted the nation will not be spared," Dushyant Gautam said.

On Thursday, former Delhi CM and AAP leader Atishi targeted the BJP government and Chief Minister Rekha Gupta for not approving the proposal to provide financial assistance of Rs 2,500 to the women of Delhi in its first cabinet meeting as promised.

She accused BJP of breaking its promises and said the BJP had made up their mind to cheat the people of Delhi.

In a self-made video, Atishi said, "BJP had promised the women of Delhi that in the first cabinet meeting itself, they would pass the scheme in which women of Delhi would be getting Rs 2,500. The new CM Rekha Gupta and her cabinet ministers took oath. In the evening, at 7 pm, the first cabinet meeting took place. All the women of Delhi were expecting that scheme to be passed...The first day itself BJP started breaking their promises...they did not pass the scheme...BJP has made up their mind to cheat people of Delhi."

Delhi Chief Minister Rekha Gupta, who chaired the first cabinet meeting after taking the oath, announced that her government would implement the Ayushman Bharat scheme with Rs 5 lakh top-up and present the 14 pending CAG reports in the first sitting of the Assembly.

Tags:
You May Like!